Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade   Chat

Welcome
Welcome to dynavin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Why Dynavin used 6.2’’ TFT LCD in DVN-E39
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

This is from an Email Fei just sent me and answers a lot of questions :

Many people are asking why we dynavin use 6.2’’ TFT LCD in DVN-E39 while using 7’’ TFT LCD in other headunit like DVN-E46.

I think I need to give some information in details to explain the reason:
Firstly I paste installation picture here to show how to install BMW factory navigation in the BMW E39 car with original cd/cassette player.

From above pictures, you can see that you need to cut original stereo frame and add another metal frame to fix the BMW factory navigation headunit.

To make clients who gets our products make an easier installation we needed to make the chassis part of our headunit just fit in the original stereo frame. See the picture below:

From the picture, we can see the distance from upper part of the chassis to the top part of the front panel is about 18.84mm. and it is just same with the corresponding part of the original stereo frame. So the cd/dvd slot to the top front panel must be 28.2mm, and for this reason, the distance from the cd/dvd slot to the buttom of the panel is not enough for 7’’ TFT LCD.

Let’s see some pictures that DVN-E39 installed in the original stereo frame :

Everything just fit in. Even don’t need to loose and tight any screws when doing installation. There will be 2 clips that fix unit to the frame when the unit is installed in. Using release key to remove the unit if you want.

Why many people feel the screen is very smaller than DVN-E46? That’s because the front panel of DVN-E39 is much more wider and higher than DVN-E46. but the difference of the display area of 6.2’’ and 7’’ LCD is small.

The Screen of DVN-E39 is a little smaller than DVN-E46, but resolution is exactly same:800*480

P.S ( by me ! )
Hope this clears lots of things out as it is detailed and also makes people understand why took Dynavin so much time to develop it.

Post subject: Re: Why Dynavin used 6.2’’ TFT LCD in DVN-E39
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 am 
Guru

before somebody else points it out, the example pics are from an E53 X5 but the E39 is functionaly the same.
jeffb325 has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:01 am 

yes I think you are right
buy maplestory mesos
cheap mesos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 am 

I dislike the design specifically because the screen location and size. The idea behind dynavin is to make a All in one headunit that looks factory. They have been able to do that with the e46 version but fall short IMO on the e39/e53 version. BMW would not have left such a gap of plastic between the top of screen and vents. It just looks like someone tried to force something to work and compromised design in the process. I think I speak for the rest of us by saying that I would gladly cut the plastic bracket behind the unit or just take it out all together to have a screen that is bigger and in the center of the unit instead of the bottom. People buying these units ARE willing to modify stuff for better product. Trust me, The only reason I have not bought one for my X5 is because of this. I have bought one for my fiances M3 and feel good about its design. Just wish I felt the same about the X5 version because I would really like to have the functionality of it. I know an 8" screen could have worked. I hope some is reading this and planning on making these changes as i would be first in line to buy one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 am 

This is what I would do if I were able to redesign this. not a rebuild from the ground up just a screen size and location fix. I know its a bad photoshop but you get the idea.

You have to admit it is a vast impovement to the current product.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 pm 

There have been lengthy discussions with Dynavin during the design phase, and this is what came out. I don't believe it will ever be changed (and I think it looks good in an e39).

You could consider the Hualingan X5/E53 player, but I don't like its buttons and knobs and menus. Or of course fork out the money to buy yourself a genuine retrofit kit...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm 

Why don't just get rid of the cd/dvd player, it is on it's way out anyway.

The future is Flashbased and downloadable.

Besides, there is no Cd/Dvd slot in the Oem Navi unit from Bmw, not at the front anyway.

So if they got rid of the cd/dvd and got a bigger screen, i think more peples would buy these.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 pm 

Hi!
Dynavin and BMW E39 multi steering wheel compatible? Volume and track list?
In my car M multi steering wheel, plug and play, but not functions. Tempomat ok.!
Sorry, but litlle understand in English!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:37 pm 

95seriesbmw wrote:This is what I would do if I were able to redesign this. not a rebuild from the ground up just a screen size and location fix. I know its a bad photoshop but you get the idea.

You have to admit it is a vast impovement to the current product.

Couldnt agree more... - another solution could have been to use the OEM frame that sits around the factory 16:9 unit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm 

Highscores: 2
DVN-E39A

7" TFT and in a few days (or weeks) with new D99-Firmware.

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_e39a.php

Board index